Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Banana Cake

INGREDIENTS
125g butter, softened
3/4 C sugar
2 eggs
2 C mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
1 tsp baking soda
2 T hot milk
2 C plain flour
1 tsp baking powder


METHOD
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Add mashed banana and mix thoroughly. Stir soda into hot milk and add to creamed mixture.  Sift flour and baking powder.  Fold into hot mixture.  Turn into a greased pan or muffin cases.  Bake at 180 degrees for approx 50 mins for cake tin, or 15-20 mins muffin cases or until cake springs back when lightly touched.  


TIP
I freeze fresh muffin sized banana cake and defrost as required for school lunch boxes. 
For an extra special treat, stir chocolate chunks through cake batter before baking and ice with cream cheese icing (with a few more chocolate chunks on top of course)


ELLA-ometer - loves it hot out of the oven every time
ZACH-ometer - if all else fails, he will still eat banana cake


Source:  The famous New Zealand Edmonds Cookbook

No comments: