Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Stir Fry with Oodles of Noodles

INGREDIENTS
2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 courgette sliced into strips
1 red pepper, seeds removed and sliced into thin strips
1 carrot, peeled then peeled into strips using vegetable peeler
125g mushrooms sliced
5 spring onions, sliced
4T sesame oil
1 tsp curry paste or powder
115g beansprouts
300g fresh cooked egg noodles or
250g dried
15g fresh coriander chopped
2T soy sauce

METHOD
Prepare all ingredients as listed above.  Heat wok or frying pan and add the sesame oil. When oil is very hot add garlic and ginger.  Stir for a few seconds.  Add the rest of the prepared vegetables and curry powder.  Keep on high heat and fry, stirring all the time.  After a few minutes add the noodles and beansprouts.   While stirring add the water, coriander and soy sauce.
The stir fry is ready when the mushrooms and peppers have just wilted or shrivelled.

COMMENT
This was really easy to make and packed a good punch of vegetables for the kids.  Hubby likes noodles too, so I served them up for his dinner (added a bit of chili to his), but I think it was still a bit bland for his liking.

ELLA-ometre   Hurray, she liked it!  Didn't manage all the vegetables and picked some out, but ate more than she realised.
ZACH-ometre  He has liked noodles before, so I was sure he would at least eat the noodles. When he put a noodle to his lip and gagged my heart sunk.

Source:  Nora's Dinner, by Nora Sands

No comments: