Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Banana and Choc Chip muffins

INGREDIENTS 2C plain flour
1T baking powder
1C caster sugar
2 eggs
1/4C vegetable oil
1C buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla essence
1C mashed banana
3/4C chocolate chips
icing sugar for dusting

METHOD
Preheat oven to 180C.  Sift flour, baking powder, and sugar into a bowl.  Add eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla until just combined.   Gently fold through banana and chocolate chips.  Divide between 12 muffin cases and cook for 20-30 mins until golden or cooked when tested with a skewer.

COMMENT
So quick and easy to make.  However, for some reason the bottom of each muffin stuck to the paper cases, Ive never had that happen before, so not sure why it happened.  The bottoms may have needed a bit more cooking, but I was afraid of the muffin drying out as it apart from the colour it appeared cooked early on.

ELLA-ometre   She really liked these, quite different from our usual muffin recipe.  Didn't eat the last couple of bites though as she said it was too 'chocolatey'

ZACH-ometre  He helped me make them and loved the mixture, but hasn't tried a cooked one yet, I think he is too full of batter.

Source:  Donna Hays, Kids Magazine, Annual 8, 2011

No comments: