Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Myaka's Mars Bar Slice

INGREDIENTS
70g butter (New Zealand Butter)
4x56g mars bars
3t sweetened condensed milk
2 1/4 C Rice Krispies

METHOD
Chop Mars Bar and put into a large pot over medium heat, add butter and condensed milk and whisk until smooth.  Remove from heat and using a flat spoon stir in the rice krispies.  You need to work fast as the mixture hardens fast.  Tip mixture into a loaf tin and flatten and refrigerate.

TIP
For an extra special look spoon into individual mini cupcake cases and decorate with melted dairy milk chocolate and a slice of mars bar, or get creative and sprinkle a few mini m&ms or your kids favourite sprinkles on top.



ELLA-ometer    10 points for Mars Bar slice, Ella loves this
ZACH-ometer    Zach doesn't like chocolate but he will eat this until the cows come home

No comments: