Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Lunchtime Pizza Sub

INGREDIENTS
French stick
Thai Chilli Jam
2 mushrooms
Grated Cheese

METHOD
Preheat oven to 220 degrees.  Cut french stick to desired length, and cut in half length ways.  Place onto a baking tray.  Spread a generous portion of Thai Chilli Jam over both pieces.  Slice mushrooms and lay over surface.  Finally top with grated cheese.  Bake approx 10 mins or until cheese melted.

TIP
This is a good way to use up day old french stick - the crispy crunch is addictive. I use a light cheese for a lower fat version.  Add ham/salami or additional vegetables before cooking as an alternative.

No comments: