Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Pasta with Ricotta and Prosciutto

INGREDIENTS
200 g wide pasta or rigatoni
2 T olive oil
4 cloves garlic sliced
sea salt and cracked black pepper
3/4 C ricotta
2 T basil leaves
6 slices prosciutto
finely grated Parmesan to serve

METHOD
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8-10 mins or until al dente.  Drain, set aside and keep warm.  Return the pan to the heat and add the oil, garlic, salt and pepper and cook for 1 min (or until just starting to brown).  Return the pasta to the pan and toss to coat.  Place pasta on service plates and top with ricotta, basil and prosciutto.  Sprinkle with Parmesan. (Serves 2)

TIP
This is soooo easy to make (I had a couple of vodkas last night when I made this for the first time) and it still turned out great.  I used a thick sliced prosciutto but I think it would be better with thin, so will try this next time.


Source: Donna Hays new cookbook 'Fast, Fresh, Simple'

No comments: