Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Flourless Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies

INGREDIENTS
235g smooth peanut butter
165g caster sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp bicarb soda
large pinch of salt
165g milk chocolate chips

METHOD
Pre-heat oven to 180C.  Put the peanut butter, sugar, egg, bicarb soda and salt in a large bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.  Mix in the chocolate chips.
Take rounded tablespoons of the mixture and roll into balls.  Put the balls onto baking sheets spaced 5cm apart. Flatten the balls slightly with your fingers and bake for around 12-15 mins. They will be golden and have a slightly cracked surface when cooked.
Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 mins before carefully transferring to a wire rack.  Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze.  If frozen, defrost on a plate or baking sheet at room temperature for 30 mins.

Make me gluten fre-  just make sure your chocolate is a gluten free variety and this is gluten free

ELLA-ometre  The looked yummy, but for some reason she won't try one (put off perhaps by the peanut butter and pork noodles....)
ZACH-ometre:  Tried one but didn't like the chocolate.  Greg and I thought they were yum and I don't even like peanut butter!

Source:   Annabel Karmels Fussy Eaters Recipe Book

No comments: