Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Crunchy Lemon Muffins

INGREDIENTS
2C self raising flour
3/4 C sugar
75g butter
1C milk
1 egg
grated rind of 1 lemon

1/4 C lemon juice
1/4C sugar

METHOD
Melt the butter and leave to cool.  Measure the flour and sugar into a bowl and toss to mix. Finely grate lemon rind into flour mixture.  Lightly beat egg and add to the milk, then add the cooled butter.  Beat well to combine.  Add the liquids to the dry ingredients, and combine only until the the dry ingredients have been lightly dampened.  Do not over mix.  Divide mixture between 12 medium muffin pans.  Bake at 200C for 12-15mins.

Meanwhile stir the lemon juice and sugar together, without dissolving the sugar and drizzle over the hot muffins as soon as they come out of the oven.

TIP   I take the hot muffins out of the muffin pan before drizzling with topping as it can get very hard to clean the muffin tin.  I usually stand on a wire rack over an easy to clean area of the bench and wipe down as soon as I have drizzled.

COMMENT  
I haven't met anybody who doesn't love these....

ELLA-ometre  LOVES
ZACH-ometre LOVES

Source:  Alison Holsts Marvellous Muffins

No comments: