Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Crunchy Popcorn Chicken

INGREDIENTS
40g lightly salted popcorn
40g cheddar cheese
30g fresh grated Parmesan
1 tsp paprika
1 chicken breast
flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten

METHOD
Put popcorn, cheeses and paprika into a food processor and whiz for 1-2 mins until the popcorn is reduced to crumbs.  Season to taste.
Cut chicken into strips, about the size of a fish finger.  Dust with flour, dip in egg and coat with crumb mixture.
Melt a little butter and olive oil in a fry pan and cook chicken strips until golden and crispy.

COMMENT
Original recipe was popcorn fish but I only had chicken to hand, which was YUMMY.  I will try with fish next time.  Great for the big kids in the family with a fresh salad.

Make me gluten free - Just make sure the flour for coating is gluten free, and you are good to go.

ELLA-ometre   She took one bite and said she didn't like it.... going through a bit of a defiant stage..
ZACH-ometre  Ate it all and more.  Loved it.  WINNER.

Source:  Annabel Karmels, The Fussy Eaters Cookbook

No comments: