Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Chicken Sausages

INGREDIENTS
375g chicken breast cubed
1 medium onion finely diced
1T fresh parsley
1 chicken stock cube dissolved in 1T boiling water
1 large apple, peeled and grated
2T breadcrumbs
plain flour for coating
oil for frying  (I use olive)

METHOD
Put all ingredients (except flour and oil) into a food processor and blend until combined.  Form mixture into sausage shapes (small sausages for smaller kids, larger for bigger kids).  Coat in flour and saute in oil, turning until golden brown on each side.

TIP
The recipe states to season with salt and pepper before forming the sausage shapes, but with the kids I don't use salt and pepper (most of the time).  Providing the chicken meat was not previously frozen these can be frozen once dipped in flour.  They can also be frozen once cooked.   These are one of those great dishes to have a stock of in the freezer.  As you can see from the photo Anabel Karmel makes these great sausages into Sausage Snails for a fun dinner.  My kids just get the sausages.  Make them bite sized for birthday parties, or make them large for Dads, Greg loves these.

Make me gluten free Make sure your flour, stock and breadcrumbs are all of the gluten free variety and this is gluten free dish.  There are a limited amount of each of these items in the recipe so the flavour should remain close to that of the original recipe.

ELLA-ometre  I haven't made these since we left Macau, but Ella was a big fan.  I must make them again.
ZACH-ometre  Even fussy eater Zach will eat these

Source:  Anabel Karmels Feeding your Baby and Toddler

No comments: