Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mixed in the saucepan ANZAC biscuits

INGREDIENTS
125g butter
2 T cold water
2 T golden syrup
1 tsp baking soda
1C rolled oats
1C coconut
1C flour
1C brown sugar

METHOD
Preheat oven to 160C.  Line two oven trays with non stick baking paper.  Put the butter, cold water and golden syrup into a medium to large pot, and over medium heat melt the butter, almost bringing mixture to a boil.  Add the baking soda and remove from the heat.  Mix in dry ingredients.
Roll mix into small walnut size balls, press flat with a fork allowing a little bit of room to spread.
Bake 15-18 mins.  Allow to cool on trays for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.  These will keep in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks.

TIP
A great kids snack.  Lots of oats for energy and no nuts so excellent for school lunchboxes.  The recipe states to use long thread coconut, but I only had the shorter variety...and as I'm not a big fan of coconut anyway, I'll stick with the smaller variety.

ELLA-ometre   Loved them, kept sneaking back for more
ZACH-ometre   Also loved them, has just come back to me asking for me when he is supposed to be in bed!

Source:  www.littlemissscout.wordpress.com

No comments: