Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Banana Butterscotch Pudding

INGREDIENTS
1C flour
pinch of salt
1/2C caster sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 banana mashed
1C milk
85g butter, melted
1 egg lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract

Topping
3/4C soft brown sugar
3 T golden syrup

METHOD
Preheat oven to 180C.  Sift the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder into a bowl.  Add the banana, milk, butter, egg and vanilla and whisk together well.  Pour into a greased 2 litre baking dish and put the dish on a baking tray.

To make the topping, put the brown sugar, golden syrup and 1C of boiling water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.  Pour carefully over the pudding, then bake for 30-40 mins or until cooked through.  Serve with vanilla ice-cream or cream.

TIP
I haven't met an adult who doesn't like this.  Yet to be tested on the kids.   If having people over for dinner the cake part can be made in advance and left to one side.  Then all you have to do is make the topping before you pop it into the oven.


Source:  Based on a recipe from Simply Bill, Bill Granger

No comments: