Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cup Cakes

INGREDIENTS
125g butter softened
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 C caster sugar
2 eggs
1 C flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 C milk

METHOD
Cream butter, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Sift flour and baking powder together and fold into mixture.  Stir in milk.  Pour into cupcake cases and bake at 190 degrees for approx 12-15 mins.

TIP
Delicious hot out of the oven or top with butter icing (recipe online soon).  Mini cupcakes are great for younger kids.

ELLA-ometer   She loves eating the cake batter and butter icing out of the bowl and decorating the cupcakes more than actually eating them, but still one of her favourite cakes
ZACH-ometer  He can't get enough of these 'un-iced'

Source: The Edmonds cookbook of course

No comments: