Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Quick and Easy Pasta Bake

The pureed vegetables make this much healthier than it looks!
INGREDIENTS
1 large zucchini, peeled
3 mushrooms
1 C cheese sauce (see my recipe)
3 cups cooked Rigatoni pasta
4 Sausage and Vegetable Patties (see my recipe)
Parmesan and Breadcrumbs to top

METHOD
Slice and microwave in a small amount of water the Zucchini and mushrooms until tender.  Puree the vegetables together with the water they were cooked in.    Chop sausage patties into bite size pieces.   Mix vegetable and sausage patties through the pasta.  Place into a greased ovenproof dish.  Spread the cheese sauce across the top, and sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Parmesan.   Bake at 180C, approx 20 min or until golden and heated through.

TIP
Many items needed for this dish I keep a stock of in the freezer, ie sausage pattie, cheese sauce, and usually a vegetable puree as well.  For an older/family dish, leave the zucchini and mushrooms whole instead of pureeing.

ELLA-ometre  I thought she would look at it and say 'yuk' but she ate the whole lot
ZACH-ometre  He didn't like all the textures and struggled to keep it down, however if I just gave him the pasta with the vegetable puree he enjoyed that.

No comments: