Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Butter Cake

INGREDIENTS
150g butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
3/4C sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2C plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
3/4C milk approx
icing sugar

METHOD
Cream butter, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Sift flour and baking powder together and fold into creamed mixture.  Add enough milk to make a soft dropping consistency.  Spoon into cake pan and bake at 180C for 35-40 mins.  When cold dust with icing sugar.

COMMENT
A great flavoured basic cake mix.  I generally don't use icing on my cakes for everyday eating, keeps it a semi-healthy snack.   However I'm sure the kids would enjoy strawberries and cream on top or a nice chocolate frosting.  In fact pretty much anything would go well with this cake.  I will definitely make it again.  25th April - made it last Thursday with strawberries and cream on top, it was a crowd pleaser (did a double mix of cake batter)

ELLA-ometre  I think she is off cake, as won't try this one either
ZACH-ometre  Loves it, seems to love all cake

Source:  The New Zealand Edmunds Cookbook

No comments: