Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Kids Carrot and Pineapple Cake

INGREDIENTS
1 3/4C self raising flour
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4C caster sugar
1/2C almond meal
2/3C desiccated coconut
3 eggs lightly beaten
1/2C vegetable oil
3/4C yogurt (I used Greek)
1 1/2C coarsely grated carrot
1/2C drained crushed pineapple

METHOD
Grease deep 19cm square cake pan (I used a round one).  Combine flour, soda, cinnamon in a large bowl with sugar, almond meal and coconut.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Spread mixture evenly in cake pan and bake at 180C for 1 hour or until cooked through.   Keeps in an airtight container for up to 4 days, and suitable for freezing.

COMMENT
This was so quick to make, and really appeals to the kids because its lacking a little in the usual carrot cake spices.  May be a bit bland for adults.  Healthy lunchbox snack (next time I'm going to make it in muffin cases).

ELLA-ometre  At this point refusing to try it
ZACH-ometre Loved it so much he nearly made himself sick.  I kept walking into the kitchen to see a little hand reaching up and grabbing handfuls of the cake from the tin.

Source: The Australian Womens Weekly, Babies and Toddlers Good Food

No comments: