Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cheats Chocolate Fondant

INGREDIENTS
50g plain flour
55g icing sugar
90g almond meal (ground almonds)
2 egg whites
100g butter melted
160g dark chocolate melted
4 small squares dark chocolate (extra)


METHOD                                                                                                 SERVES: 4
Preheat oven to 150C.  Place flour, sugar, almond meal, egg whites, butter and melted chocolate in a bowl and mix well to combine.  Spoon half the mixture into 4x 1/2C moulds (greased).  Divide chocolate between the moulds and top with remaining mixture. Bake for 20-25 mins or until cooked but soft in the middle.  Stand in tins for 5-7 mins before turning out.  


COMMENTS
I made this for an Easter Sunday dessert.  I had a bit of trouble working out if it was cooked enough, and it ended up without a runny centre, more just a chocolate pudding, which didn't matter as I hadn't told anyone what I was making.   I ended up serving it in the dishes with ice-cream and cream scooped on top.  It was really yummy, but very very rich.  I will definitely make it again.

Source:  Donna Hay, Fast, Fresh, Simple

No comments: