Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Spiced Apple Muffins

INGREDIENTS
1C self-raising flour
1C rolled oats
3/4C brown sugar
2 tsp mixed spice
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
75g butter melted, cooled
1 egg
1 cup raw chopped or grated apple
3/4C-1C milk

METHOD 
Measure the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well.  In another bowl combine the milk, butter and lightly beaten egg.   Grate (or chop) apple and toss through the dry ingredients with a fork.  Add the liquid mixture and mix lightly to dampen the ingredients, adding extra milk if required.   Spoon into muffin tray and cook at 200C for approx 15 mins or cooked through.

COMMENT
Original recipe included 1/2tsp cloves which I omitted.

ELLA-ometre  tbc
ZACH-ometre  He ate 2 in about a nano-second, hot out of the oven.  A fair amount of apple in there, and with the rolled oats, this is a more healthy type of muffin than many.  Our house guest had one too, and asked if she could take one home with her...

Source: Alison Holsts Marvellous Muffins

No comments: