Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Prawn and Mango Salad

Not actual salad (pic will come soon)
INGREDIENTS
1kg cooked tiger prawns
1 large mango
1 avocado
120g bag fresh baby rocket salad mix
1 sliced cucumber
1C coriander
1C mint leaves
1/4C extra virgin olive oil
2T lime juice
2 tsp honey
1 long red chili sliced
salt and pepper to season

METHOD
In a large bowl combine prawns, mango, avocado, salad mix, cucumber, coriander and mint leaves and arrange on a serving platter.  Whisk oil, lime juice, honey and chili in a jug and season to taste.  Add to salad just before serving.

TIP
I usually serve the dressing in a jug on the side as opposed to mixing into the salad (you may like a double mix, its extra tasty the next day).  I usually use a store brought salad mix of baby spinach and rocket.

Source:  Woolworths Fresh Magazine

No comments: