Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Double Chocolate Muffins

INGREDIENTS
1 3/4C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1C caster sugar
1/4C cocoa
100g butter, melted
1 egg
1C yoghurt
1/2C milk
1/2tsp vanilla
1/4C choc chips

METHOD
Melt butter and allow to cool slightly.  Measure out milk and yoghurt and set aside.  Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.  Combine butter, egg, yoghurt, milk and vanilla.  Add to the dry ingredients and fold together until flour is dampened, but not smooth.    Divide between 12 medium sized muffin pans that have been coated with oil (or have patty cases).  Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired.. or as I have done with one dark choc cooking button on top of each muffin.   Bake at 10-12 mins or until centres spring back when pressed lightly.

COMMENT
Big hit with Greg and I... and today I am finding it hard to resist heating them slightly, halving and topping with New Zealand butter.......

ZACH-ometre  He was excited to have one in his lunchbox today, lets see if he likes it.

Source: Alison Holts Marvellous Muffins

No comments: