Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Crumbed Beef

INGREDIENTS
Rump steak or other quality beef steak
1 egg
1/2C flour
1 C breadcrumbs

METHOD
Trim any fat from beef, and using a filleting knife, slice the beef across the thinnest edge to create 2-3 very thin fillets of beef.  Lay flat on a piece of glad wrap and cover with more wrap.  Use a rolling pin or mallet and gently pound the meat to thin out even further.   Prepare 3 shallow bowls, one with egg lightly beaten, another with the flour and final bowl of breadcrumbs.  Cover each piece of beef with flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.  Heat a fry pan with a little oil and butter and cook each side until golden brown.  Do not overcook as meat will toughen.  Rest on paper towel before serving.  Cut into finger sizes.

ELLA-ometre   Ella loves this dish, and its a great way to get some red meat into her (I'll slowly cover with less and less breadcrumb until I get them eating juicy steaks!

ZACH-ometre Zach also loves this dish.  So nice to meat prepared a way they will both eat.

1 comment:

Brett said...

I use this recipe as well though I do egg then flour then egg again and then breadcrumbs:)