Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Potato and Onion Pikelets

INGREDIENTS
1C self raising flour
3/4C milk
1 egg
20g melted butter
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 small onion, grated coarsely
1 small potato grated coarsely

METHOD
Place flour in a medium bowl; gradually stir in combined milk,egg and butter; mix to a smooth batter.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Cook as you would pancakes.   Drop 1T batches into a (oiled/butter) heated fry pan, cook until bubbles appear, turn pikelets.  Cook until brown.  May be served with sour cream (I didn't on this occasion).

ELLA-ometre  Was very impressed and even took some to school

ZACH-ometre  He couldn't eat much more than one, but he did like them and took one to kinder today in his lunchbox, so I will be making these again in future.

Source: The Australian Womens Weekly, Babies and Toddlers Good Food

No comments: