Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Best Blueberry Muffins

INGREDIENTS
2C flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2C caster sugar
100g butter melted
1C milk
1 egg
1-1/2C blueberries (I use frozen)

METHOD
Measure out milk and make sure butter is melted and set aside to come to room temperature.  Sieve the first 5 ingredients in a fairly large bowl.  In another bowl lightly beat the egg, add the melted butter and milk.  Lightly mix blueberries through the dry ingredients, then add the liquid mixture.  Fold everything together without overmixing.  Divide between 12 medium muffin pans.  Bake at 220C for 12-15mins until muffins spring back when pressed (muffins with frozen berries usually take about 5 mins longer).

TIP
If the butter is still hot and milk straight from the fridge the mixture can curdle.  So the closer to room temperature the better (I usually just prepare it about 5 mins before I use it,  which seems to be ok).

ELLA-ometre   I was expecting the turned up nose (although she has eating these many times, but not for about a year) but hooray, she loved them!  In the lunchbox today.

ZACH-ometre  Zach was a little reluctant to eat the actual blueberry, but after trying he was rubbing his tummy making his 'yummy' sound

Source:  Alison Holsts Marvellous Muffins

No comments: