Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Simple Apple and Blueberry Cake

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2C self raising flour, sifted
3/4C caster sugar
125g butter softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2C milk
1 apple cored and thinly sliced
3/4C frozen or fresh blueberries
2 T demerara sugar

METHOD 
Preheat oven to 160C.  Place flour, sugar, butter, vanilla, eggs and milk in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until just combined.  Spoon mixture into a 22cm springform tin lined with non-stick baking paper.  Top with apple and blueberries and sprinkle with sugar.  Bake 45 mins or until cake is cooked when tested with a skewer.

COMMENT
I made this in a silicon baking tin, and part of the cake stuck to the bottom, so I will definitely use the springform and baking paper next time.   This was sooooooo easy to make, and looked impressive.  I served it cold and it was tasty, but I also tried a bit hot which was delicious, so I will try it hot next time served with ice-cream (as recommended).  I'm trying to work out when I can make it again.

Make me gluten-free   I'm going to try and make a gluten free version of this one soon.

ELLA-ometre    Came back for more
 ZACH-ometre   Kept coming back for me (until I had to put a stop to it)

Source:  Donna Hay, Fast, Fresh, Simple

No comments: