Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

INGREDIENTS
125g butter, softened
1/4C sugar
3T sweetened condensed milk
few drops vanilla essence
1 1/2 C plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2C chocolate chips  (I use cooking chocolate which I cut into chunks)

METHOD
Cream butter, sugar, condensed milk and vanilla until light and fluffy.  Sift flour and baking powder together.  Mix dry ingredients and chocolate into creamed mixture.  Roll tablespoons of mixture into small balls.  Place on a greased baking tray and flatten with a fork.  Bake at 180C for approx 20 mins.

TIP
If cookie dough seems a little dry add approx 1T of milk.

COMMENT
I have been making these cookies since I was a kid.  They are more of a crumbly doughy kind of cookie than a 'biscuit'.

ELLA-ometre  Big Fan
ZACH-ometre Hasn't tried yet

Source: The Edmonds Cookbook

No comments: