Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

GLUTEN FREE Brownies

INGREDIENTS
200g plain chocolate cut into chunks (I used dark cooking chocolate)
200g butter cut into small chunks
3 large eggs
175g light muscovado sugar (I used brown sugar)
3T cocoa powder
2 tsp gluten free baking powder (most are gluten free, but check your label)
pinch of salt
150g white chocolate, chopped into large chunks
icing sugar for dusting, optional

 METHOD
Pre-heat over to 160C.  Put chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until melted OR put in a microwave bowl and microwave for 1 min, then stir and microwave for 10 sec blasts until melted.  Allow to cool slightly.
Using an electric mixer whisk eggs and sugar together until just combined.  Stir in the chocolate mixture, and sift and fold  in the dry ingredients.  Fold in the white chocolate chunks.
Line a 28cm cake tin with baking paper.  Pour mixture in tin and bake for 30 mins, until a crust has formed but there is still some give when pressed.  Do not overcook.  Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before removing from tin.   Don't worry it will sink and crack a little.
Cut into squares and dust with icing sugar before serving.

TIP
Try replacing half of the white chocolate with roughly chopped pecans.  

CELIAC-ometre  Everyone loved this brownie.  Definitely one of the best I have eaten, even considering it is of the gluten free variety.

ELLA-ometre   A big brownie fan
ZACH-ometre Loved it

Source:  Annabel Karels 'The fussy eaters cookbook'

No comments: