Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Lemonade and Cream Muffins

INGREDIENTS
2C self raising flour
1/2C sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2C lemonade (Sprite)
1/2C cream
1 large egg

METHOD
Measure flour, sugar and salt into a large bowl, and toss together with a fork.  In another bowl, mix the lemonade, cream and egg with the fork until combined.  Pour liquid into dry ingredients, then fold gently until the flour is just moistened.  Spoon mixture into 12 muffin cases.
Bake at 200C for 10-15 mins until they are light and golden colour and firm when pressed in centre.

COMMENT
We had some friends coming for an afternoon playdate and I thought the kids would love the idea of these muffins..... but they all turned their nose up at them, I was astounded.   However the adults enjoyed these split with jam and cream.  (They are like a lighter version of a scone).   These are great to make if you are short in time.


Source:  Alison Holst's 'More marvellous muffins'

No comments: